Thursday 13 October 2016

The Goan Carnival

Goa Carnival is the most famous festival in the state and has been celebrated since the 18th century. Carnival was introduced by the Portuguese who ruled over Goa for over five hundred years. It is the  funkiest fest of India, the carnival is held in February for three days and night King Momo introduced Goa Carnival just before the Lent season of the Christian calendar.
 
 
Carnival in Goa! Huge colourful parades take over the state's cities with bands, floats and dances, while the evenings mean serious partying wherever you are. And it concludes with the famous red-and-black dance held by the Clube National in Panajim on the final day.
I have participated twice in the same, dancing &grumping the participants have to cover at least 2-3km, but when you dance, sing & marry, nothing else matters not even the distance. when I first participated it was a dream come true, cause as a child I always wished to take part in the carnival parade, I mean who would not want to! seeing people dance and sing, wearing crazy costumes & the colorful floats on the streets, it just sets you in the mood of enjoying and going crazy yourself. I totally love the festival of carnival and I bet you also do. Its going to be my forever wish to participate in carnival parade and I will as long as I can. To all of you out there never miss the parade, trust me you'll enjoy yourself every time you watch the parade and every time you'll enjoy a whole new experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment